Comentarios oficiales del Diálogo para la Cumbre de las Naciones Unidas sobre los Sistemas Alimentarios de 2021
Tipo de diálogo
Idioma del Diálogo
Por favor revise los detalles que encontrará más abajo para obtener información sobre cómo registrarse en el caso de que esté disponible o contacte al convocante si le gustaría asistir.
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT: https://bit.ly/3px0SO2
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the dialogue.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB), in partnership with the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), and with the participation of World Vegetable Center, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, private sector, and academia, will discuss concrete solutions and actions to mobilize financing of nature-positive solutions to promote safe food, nutritious diets, and resilient food systems, including innovative knowledge sharing and learning approaches, and natural capital financing.
The independent summit dialogue will focus on the following, highlighting the case of Mongolia:
- Strategies to mobilize finance and technologies to promote balanced animal and plant protein sources and low carbon footprint
- Development of a catalytic financing platform to mobilize more public and private natural capital investments
- Promotion of a responsible food production pathway with reduced environmental footprint, healthy consumption (of good food), and balanced animal and plant protein sources
- Ways to mobilize finance to green the livestock sector, promote more vegetable production, incentivize modern and sustainable management of livestock production through private sector investments, and strategize Mongolia’s role in contributing to the global food system
- Policy, finance, and research priorities that promote the production and consumption of good food with reduced environmental footprint
The discussions will be done in the context of shifts in dietary preferences to animal protein sources, feed-food competition and its threats to food and nutrition security and increasing greenhouse gas emissions from livestock production. At the same time, ADB will share its plan to establish the natural capital lab platform to attract public and private investments in natural capital in Asia and the Pacific region; explore and test nature-positive solutions; develop appropriate regulatory mechanisms, valuation tools and accounting methodologies; and act as an enabler for blended financing.