The terms set out in these terms and conditions govern your use of and access to the website, summitdialogues.org (“Site”). The Site is operated and maintained by 4SD Sarl – Skills, Systems and Synergies for Sustainable Development, with registered address Rue des Bains 35, 1205 Geneva or “4SD” as a partner of the secretariat of the Food Systems Summit.
To contact us, please use [email protected] at any time.
- All Content on the Site from 4SD and all Users, whether registered or otherwise, are subject to these Terms.
- Use of the Site is for the purposes of engagement with the Food Systems Summit. The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. 4SD grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, communications, documents, images and materials (collectively, “Content“) from the Site for the User’s non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, unless expressly stated otherwise by 4SD. Such use of Content is subject to these Terms, and any other terms as may be notified to you on the Site specific to the Content.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Content on the Site are those of the various 4SD staff members, consultants and advisers to 4SD who prepared the work, and Users of the Site, and do not necessarily represent the views of 4SD or the Food Systems Summit secretariat.
- No waiver by 4SD of any provision of these Terms shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- 4SD may deny in its sole discretion any User access to the Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- 4SD is dedicated to freedom of information and considers public access to information a key component of its commitment to openness and transparency and its accountability vis-à-vis stakeholders. 4SD recognizes that there is a positive correlation between a high level of transparency through information-sharing and public participation in activities that support Sustainable Development.
- Users are solely responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through their internet connection is aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
- 4SD reserves the right to amend these Terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated in October 2020.
- 4SD may at its sole discretion, alter, limit, suspend or discontinue the Site or any Content in any respect. 4SD shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- 4SD does not guarantee that the Site, or any Content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- As a condition of use of the Site, the User agrees to indemnify 4SD and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of the User’s use of the Site, including, without limitation, any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these Terms. If the User is dissatisfied with any Content on the Site or with any of its Terms, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- The Site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers, including other Users. 4SD does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any third party information provider, any User of the Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall be at the User’s own risk. Neither 4SD, the secretariat of the Food Systems Summit, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any third party Content.
- 4SD does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. The User is responsible for configuring its information technology, computer programmes and platform to access the Site which should include its own virus protection software. Neither 4SD or the secretariat of the Food Systems Summit shall be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
- 4SD requires all Users to comply with the Content standards set out in these Terms in connection to all Content and to any interactive services associate with it. The Content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. 4SD will determine, in its absolute discretion, whether any Content breaches the Content standards.
- Any Content a User uploads, transmits or communicates must be accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where its states opinions); and comply with all applicable law. User generated Content must not advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. Content provided on the Site are provided “as is”, without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. 4SD specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Content.
- 4SD periodically adds, changes, improves or updates the Content on the Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall 4SD or its affiliates be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered that is claimed to have resulted from the use of the Site, including, without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. The use of the Site is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall 4SD or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if 4SD has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that 4SD is not liable for any conduct of any other User.
- The Site may contain links and references to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of 4SD, and 4SD is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. 4SD provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link or reference does not imply the endorsement of the linked site by 4SD.
- Pop-up advertisements: when visiting the Site, the User’s web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other websites the User visited or by third party software installed on the User’s computer. 4SD is not responsible for, nor approves, authorizes or endorses the content of the source, link or any pop-up messages that Users have received in connection with that source or link, nor does 4SD endorse or recommend products or services for which the User may view in a pop-up advertisement on the User’s computer screen while visiting the Site.
Use of the Site
- The User agrees to use the Site only to send and receive information and materials that are proper and related to the Food Systems Summit or any other purpose expressed on the Site. The User agrees that when using the Site for any reason, he or she will aim to respect the principles of the Food Systems Summit to:
- Act with urgency: We recognise the utmost urgency of sustained and meaningful action at all levels to reach the respective 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Commit to the Summit: We commit to practice what we preach personally and professionally to contribute to the vision, objectives and the final outcomes of the Food Systems Summit.
- Be respectful: Within our respective capacities and circumstances, we will promote food production and consumption policies and practices that strive to protect and improve the health and well-being of individuals, enhance resilient livelihoods and communities and promote good stewardship of natural resources, while respecting local cultures, contexts.
- Recognise complexity: We recognise that food systems are complex, and are closely connected to, and significantly impact, human and animal health, land, water, climate, biodiversity, the economy and other systems, and their transformation requires a systemic approach.
- Embrace multi-stakeholder inclusivity: We support inclusive multi-stakeholder processes and approaches within governments and communities that bring in diverse perspectives, including indigenous knowledge, cultural insights and science-based evidence to enable stakeholders to understand and assess potential trade-offs and to design policy options that deliver against multiple public goods across these various systems.
- Complement the work of others: Recognizing that issues related to food systems are being addressed through several other global governance processes, we will seek to ensure that the Food Systems Summit aligns with, amplifies and accelerates these efforts where practicable, avoiding unnecessary duplication, while encouraging bold and innovative new thinking and approaches that deliver systems-level transformation in line with the Summit’s principles and objectives.
- Build trust: We will work to ensure the Summit and associated engagement process will promote trust and increase motivation to participate by being evidence-based, transparent and accessible in governance, decision-making, planning, engagement and implementation. We – from member states to private businesses to individual actors – will hold ourselves accountable for commitments made with mechanisms in place to uphold this accountability.
- Users must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, the server on which the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site. The User must not attack the Site via a denial-of-service attach or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- The User may link to our home page, provided the User does so in a way that is fair legal and does not damage 4SD’s or the Food Systems Summit’s reputations or take advantage of them.
- The User agrees not to duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Site in contravention of the provisions of these Terms.
- The User agrees to use the Site only to send and receive information, content, communications and materials that are proper and related to the Food Systems Summit. The User agrees that they shall only use the site for lawful purposes, and at any time when using the Site, they shall not, without limitation:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, bully, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Breach any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful Content;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload, introduce or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other malicious or technologically harmful software or programs, that may damage the operation of another’s computer or the Site;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Use the Site and/or upload any Content which harms or attempts to harm minors in any way;
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent the Users identity or its affiliation with another person; or
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a Forum that the User knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
Country and area definition
- The designations employed and the presentation of content on the Site do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of 4SD or its affiliates concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries. The term “country” as used in the Site’s Content also refers, as appropriate, to territories or areas. The term “Member State” as used in the Site’s Content refers to United Nations Member States as at October, 10, 2020. The designations “developed” and “developing” regions are intended for statistical and analytical convenience and do not necessarily express a judgement about the stage reached by a particular country or area in the development process.
- The map(s) used on the Site is based on Google Maps where the standards of service rely on widely recognized international standards for naming and mapping conventions. For example, for country and territory naming, Google relies primarily on theISO-3166 standard. The complete legal notice and country specific notes can be accessed here.
- These Terms, their subject matter and formation are subject to the laws of Switzerland and both parties agree that the courts of the canton of Geneva will have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute about or in connection to these Terms.