These are locally driven and adaptable to various contexts, convened by individuals or organizations independently of national authorities but with the opportunity to formally connect into the Summit process through an official feedback mechanism. These will offer opportunities for all citizens to engage directly in proposing pathways towards sustainable food systems, exploring new ways of working together and encouraging collaborative action.
If you are interested in becoming an Independent Dialogue Convenor or have been invited to take part in a Dialogue we invite you to:
- Familiarise yourself with the relevant roles: Dialogue Convenor, Dialogue Curator, Dialogue Facilitator and Dialogue Participant.
- If you would like to be a Convenor, please download and read the Convenors Reference Manual and the Independent Dialogues Handbook.
- Explore Dialogues to see learn about the other Dialogues taking place
- Register for the Take Part Zone to see if there are training sessions to participate in
- When you are ready to start organizing your Dialogue including announcing it publicly and inviting Curators, Facilitators and Participants, you can do so in the “Your Dialogues” section of the c Take Part Zone..
- After your Dialogue event, complete the Official Feedback Form so your outcomes contribute to the Food Systems Summit!