Compte-rendu officiel des Concertations pour le Sommet des Nations Unies sur les systèmes alimentaires 2021
Type de Concertation
In its role as Australia’s National Convenor for the UN Food Systems Summit, the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is pleased to announce a series of webinars which are part of Australia’s Food Systems Summit Dialogues.
These webinars provide an open and independent platform for Australian stakeholders including experts, academics, industry representatives, farmers, the general public and others to share experiences, ideas, opportunities and solutions on a variety of issues and challenges facing food systems. The aim is for these discussions to be open, transparent and as representative as possible. They are independent of Australian Government processes. A synthesis of these webinars will comprise a key part of Australia’s input into the the pre-Summit in July and the final Food Systems Summit in September 2021.
The first webinar for the Australian National Food Systems Summit Dialogues will explore:
- how sustainable food and fibre production can help meet the challenges of biodiversity loss, a changing climate, and an increasing population;
- the need to produce more food with less environmental and natural resource impact;
- investigate innovations and technology for environmental sustainability, including the role of market-based approaches for valuing environmental services and natural resources.
We are very pleased to announce the following panellists taking part in this webinar:
- Fiona Simson, President, National Farmers Federation, Farmer and Board Director
- Professor Richard Eckard, Professor of Sustainable Agriculture and Director of the Primary Industries Climate Challenges Centre, University of Melbourne
- Professor Andrew McIntosh, Associate Dean (Research) at the ANU College of Law; environmental law and policy scholar, Australian National University
- Melinee Leather, Owner/Manager, Leather Cattle Company
If you are interested in joining the discussion – please register at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_xp3ciKYCQxGNvGbITkP9IA
Further information on Australia’s suite of national dialogues and engagement in the UN Food Systems Summit can be found at: https://www.agriculture.gov.au/market-access-trade/un-food-systems-summit-2021