الملاحظات التقييمية الرسمية على الحوارات إلى قمة الأمم المتحدة للنظم الغذائية لعام 2021
لغة فعالية الحوار
نطاق التركيز الجغرافي
يُرجى مراجعة التفاصيل أدناه للحصول على معلومات التسجيل إذا كانت متوفرة أو الاتصال بمنظم الحوار إذا كنت ترغب في الحضور.
The Thematic Working Group on Rural Youth Employment (TWG RYE) of the Global Donor Platform for Rural Development (GDPRD) is organizing this Independent Dialogue to the UNFSS to highlight issues affecting rural youth and gather input for Game Changer solutions for decent jobs creation for rural youth in food systems.
First, a round of opening statements and pitches for youth centered Game Changer prepositions submitted to the UNFSS will set the scene. Game Changers that will be presented:
- “Empowering youth as innovators and change makers for sustainable food systems” (AT 4)
- “Launch of a Coalition for youth in African Agriculture” (AT 1)
In the following breakout group session participants will exchange experiences, gather best practice examples and concrete recommendations as input to the presented Game Changers. Each breakout group will focus on a different aspect:
- How to boost youth agency to actively participate and coordinate action in food systems and their governance mechanisms through partnerships & networks?
- How to strengthen youth capacities and skills for inclusion in food systems development and productive activities (wage or self-employment, in and off farm)?
- How to unpack the opportunities and constraints for youth in local food system models to take off and respond to local and regional food demands?
- How to connect youth with opportunities in sustainable food systems by promoting more and better jobs?
The Independent dialogue will provide the opportunity for youth representatives from Africa, donors, development practitioners and public and private sector representatives to discuss their ideas to tackle specific challenges, and more importantly, share best practice experiences. The recommendations gathered will feed directly into the UNFSS discussions and the further development and cross-fertilization of youth centered Game Changer solutions submitted to the UNFSS.
In case you are interest to join the discussion, please click “contact convenor” below.