Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
Coming out of the 2020 2nd Annual Emergency Food Forum, people were excited, motivated and fuelled with a renewed determination to right the wrongs of our industrial corporate food system. The discussions highlighted two main points: the need to push for policy changes and the need to create action on the ground. When the EFF ended, the conversation continued online. Two distinct but intertwined streams of action emerged: the crafting of the Open Letter and the beginnings of the Eco-Just Food Network.
This years’ forum will focus on organizing for the demands of the Open Letter:
- Immediate action and investment in re-purposing and improvement of local land, infrastructure, resources, and skilled labour to dramatically increase our local supply of healthy food; using emergency measures as required.
- Support for local organizations, co-ops, and farms in mobilizing a pandemic-prepared workforce to assist farmers and communities with the harvesting, processing and distribution of as much healthy food as possible.
- Ensuring that adequate incomes, safe working and healthy living conditions are guaranteed for all farmers and food system workers.
- That government civil services collaborate with civil society to allocate the resources and infrastructure required to enable the resilience, sustainability and inclusivity of local secure healthy food systems.
- The Action tracks of this years’ forum will focus on black food sovereignty and mobilizing climate resilient eco-farm support and food system activities