Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
Moving towards an equitable food system that is sustainable and is designed to eliminate hunger will be the focus of this dialogue. We will have a collection of speakers with expertise on successes and failures we can learn from to create food systems that not only feed people nutritious, healthy food but also maintain the cultural and spiritual aspects of food that inform so much of our being.
- Tambra Stevenson – Health and Communications expert focusing on nutrition and traditional foods
- Denisa Livingston -Community Health Advocate, Diné Community Advocacy Alliance
- Chef Njathi Kabui – Internationally celebrated organic chef, food strategist, urban farmer and food activist
- Ajay Vir Jakhar – Citrus Farmer, Advocate, and Chairman of Bharat Krishak Samaj (Farmers’ Forum, India)
- Sheryl Hendriks – Head of Department and Professor of Food Security, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Moderator: Bibi la Luz Gonzalez – Founder of Eat Better Wa’ik, an organization devoted to fight malnutrition through education and economics