Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
Food service actors live the realities of the food system everyday in their work. We envision a future where equity and sustainability are the standard of the food industry.
Believing that the people closest to the problem will have the solution, this participatory event brings together a diverse group of stakeholders involved in food service to imagine a more sustainable food service by 2030. This event is open to all actors responsible for food service, from picking produce in a field, to planning school lunch menus, to cleaning the dishes of hundreds if not thousands of people daily, and everything in between.
Join us and be a part of the conversation and the solution. Through inclusive small group discussions, your voice will be heard. Together, we will author the food service of tomorrow where:
1. Industrial food packaging is more environmentally friendly
2. Workers are minded toward reducing food waste pre- and post-production
3. Menus and recipes become more regionalized and climate-conscious
4. Workers are trained in climate-conscious methods for their jobs
5. Workers and suppliers have equitable, liveable wages with opportunities for economic growth
Based on your role in the food system, you will be assigned one discussion topic in a diverse group of 8-10. We will facilitate inclusive discussions that encourage, highlight, and weave together the ideas of the many actors responsible for food service today, with the goal of envisioning the food service of tomorrow.
Sign Up HERE to participate!