Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The Farm to Fork Strategy aims to accelerate our transition to a sustainable food system that should:
- have a neutral or positive environmental impact
- help to mitigate climate change and adapt to its impacts
- reverse the loss of biodiversity
- ensure food security, nutrition and public health, making sure that everyone has access to sufficient, safe, nutritious, sustainable food
- preserve affordability of food while generating fairer economic returns, fostering competitiveness of the EU supply sector and promoting fair trade
The dialogue will be devoted to opportunities to anticipate and address possible emerging risks on food/feed safety and the environment that could be associated with the transition to sustainable food systems:
- reduction of antimicrobial use in farmed animals
- increase the adoption of healthy and sustainable diets
- reduction of food waste in Circular Economy
- reduction of the dependency on chemical pesticides and of excess fertilisation & increase organic farming
The meeting, organised upon invitation, will involve the members of the EFSA Emerging Risks Exchange Network (EREN), the members of the EFSA Stakeholder Discussion group on Emerging Risks (StaDG-ER), as well as several EFSA Partners from EU Institutions and International Organisations (e.g. FAO).