Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
This Independent Dialogue aims to achieve the following main objectives:
- Identify through an inclusive and participatory process solutions to be introduced under Action Track 5, in particular to the workstreams on environmental, social, and economic resilience and cross-cutting solutions.
- Gain further input on the roles of different stakeholders and multi-actor partnerships including government, the private sector, civil society, and local communities.
- Build on the technical capacity of key stakeholders working on the topic of climate risk management, climate risk transfer, and climate insurance.
- Identify entry points for integrating context-specific and holistic risk management approaches into national and international policies, plans, and processes and existing infrastructure.
- Highlight and further explore the role of Nationally Determined Contributions, National Adaptation Plans, other relevant processes and mechanisms under the UNFCCC, and the SDGs.
- Integration of resilience-building among youth and women and the inclusion of gender and youth empowerment in planning and policy processes.
- Discuss implications of climate-related human mobility for food systems.
- Connect to just recovery from COVID-19, and resilience-building in food systems through just transition.
- Share knowledge, experiences, best practices, and lessons learned.
The Dialogue will bring together stakeholders from the government, the private sector, civil society, and other relevant entities to discuss challenges, opportunities, and potential synergies.