Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The main theme of the webinar is to discuss the reality of the state of the youth in agriculture sector right now and evaluate what are the discrepancies in their involvement in agriculture. What should be transformed to ensure smooth transition to the future of food. Regenerative agriculture and agroforestry seems to be promising initiatives, does the youth aware of these issues? If not how are we going to make a smooth transition?
• To highlight the current setbacks that hinder young people engagement in agriculture.
• To create a space for young people to explore ways and opportunities available in climate smart agriculture particularly in Regenerative Agriculture and Agroforestry.
• To mobilize governments and policy makers to include large number of youth in agriculture sector in Tanzania and other Sub-Saharan African Countries.
• To get the governments, organizations and private sector partners to put young people first in Agriculture sector.
• To realize the involvement of young people in agriculture as a means of increasing youth employment and scaling of climate smart agriculture initiatives.
The webinar targets young people involvement in agriculture sector aged 18-35, Agriculture experts, Government officials and Regen Ag companies.