Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
In its role as Australia’s National Convenor for the UN Food Systems Summit, the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is pleased to announce a series of webinars which are part of Australia’s Food Systems Summit Dialogues.
These webinars provide an open and independent platform for Australian stakeholders including experts, academics, industry representatives, farmers, the general public and others to share experiences, ideas, opportunities and solutions on a variety of issues and challenges facing food systems. The aim is for these discussions to be open, transparent and as representative as possible. They are independent of Australian Government processes. A synthesis of these webinars will comprise a key part of Australia’s input into the the pre-Summit in July and the final Food Systems Summit in September 2021.
The objective of this webinar is to explore:
- how we can think holistically about food systems and work to meet the triple challenge of providing food security and nutrition, delivering strong livelihoods throughout the supply chain and ensuring environmental sustainability;
- the notion of “trade-offs” and synergies in food systems; and
- the need for decisions to be underpinned by rigorous science and evidence whilst acknowledging and managing diverse stakeholder interests and values.
Panellists will include:
- Lee Ann Jackson, Head of Division, Agro-food Trade and Markets, OECD
- Dr Anne Astin PSM, Chair of the Board, Food Agility CRC
- Howard Parry-Husbands, CEO of Pollinate
- Krista Singleton-Cambage, Head of Climate and Food Security, World Wildlife Fund Australia.
If you are interested in joining the discussion – Register for the webinar.
Further information on Australia’s suite of national dialogues and engagement in the UN Food Systems Summit can be found at: https://www.agriculture.gov.au/market-access-trade/un-food-systems-summit-2021