Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL) is conducting the National Dialogue in Germany on “Pathways towards Sustainable Food Systems”.
It will incorporate the findings and results of already ongoing dialogues and negotiations at the national level. In this framework, experts will discuss future visions for sustainable food systems in five thematic fields:
- Costs and benefits of environmentally and socially sustainable production.
- Requirements for sustainable agricultural food production
- Sustainable food systems in urban and rural settings: what is needed in terms of infrastructures?
- The food economy of the future
- Nutrition of the future – more plant-based?
The Dialogue is the beginning of a longer-term process that will continue beyond the UN Food Systems Summit in September 2021 to consolidate results, align and implement activities, and to further pursue the SDGs.