Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
This side event will bring top food policy analysts from emerging economies to discuss and debate how food systems in these countries can be transformed for both human and planetary health. Practices, experiences, and lessons from these countries can be shared with other countries. Cooperations in trade, investment, and technology transfers between these countries and the rest of the world will be explored in order to promote a healthy and sustainable global food system.
July 5, 3:00 pm-4:30 pm CET,
3:00-3:05 Opening by Shenggen Fan
3:05-3:25 Food System Transformation in Emerging Economies (6-7 minutes each)
- China, Jikun Huang, Professor at Beijing University, China
- India, Ashok Gulati, chair professor for agriculture at ICRIER, New Delhi, India
- Brazil, Marcos Jank, Professor at INSPER, Brazil
3:25-3:45 Specific issues in transformation (6-7 minutes each)
- Gender, Linxiu Zhang, Director of UNEP-International Ecosystem Management Partnership (UNEP-IEMP), Professor (adjunct), Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
- Inclusion, Mahendra Dev, Professor at Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, India
- Mutual learning and south-south cooperation, Uma Lele, Professor, Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi, India
4:25-4:30 Concluding remarks, Shenggen Fan
Please register through the following link,