Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
There is an alarming low rate of youth involvement in agriculture despite a more youthful population and unemployment crisis in developing countries such as Kenya. The voice of the youth is not presented in mainstream national Agricultural Program despite their potential to significantly contribute to sustainable food systems. Today there are conversations to address food security but where are the youth or youth leaders in Agriculture?
The purpose of this dialogue is make Agriculture work for youth as key contributors to food systems by creating a safe space to share, discuss, learn and develop youth sensitive action plan towards sustainable food systems.
Specific Dialogue Objectives
- Understand the Youth Perspective on Kenya’s and Global Food Systems.
- Barriers and solutions to Youth Participation in Agriculture at the Local , National and Regional Levels.
- Experience of Young farmers and Young Agri-prenuers.
Expected Dialogue Outcomes
- Feedback and Recommendations on Sustainable Food Systems
- An action plan outlining solutions to barriers on-boarding youth in Agriculture.3.
- Consolidate young farmers experience