Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
Envision a future where all children across the United States have equitable access to affordable, nutrient-rich, culturally-acceptable, and environmentally-friendly foods. What steps should be taken today to achieve this goal? And what role can the U.S. dairy community play in helping transform this vision into reality? Are there lessons and best practices, from years of investment and innovation, that the U.S. dairy community can share domestically and with others around the world to support the food systems transformation?
This Food Systems Summit Dialogue (FSSD), convened by organizations united in their commitment to advancing sustainable food systems and improving the health and wellbeing of children, will explore how society can better nourish future generations in more sustainable ways. This conversation will focus on:
- Better ensuring food security and nutrition for children through sustainable and universal school meal programs
- Identifying ways to advance environmentally responsible food production, including efforts that can achieve carbon neutrality, enhance stewardship and more
- Exploring U.S. dairy’s role in advancing sustainable food systems, through commitments to environmental stewardship and carbon neutrality, child nutrition and social/community impact
The FSSD will include:
- Keynote speakers and interactive, breakout discussions with stakeholders from various sectors across the food system, including experts and advocates for child nutrition, researchers, representatives from governmental, non-governmental and private sector organizations, dairy farmers, academics, and more
- Interdisciplinary conversation about the intersections of child health and sustainable food production and the pathways to improve both
This event is invitation only, but if you are interested in attending please contact [email protected].
About the Convenors
- Global Child Nutrition Foundation is a global network of governments, businesses and civil society organizations working together to support school meal programs that help children and communities thrive.
- National Dairy Council is a non-profit organization dedicated to healthy foods, healthy people, healthy communities and a healthy planet—now and for future generations.
- The Nature Conservancy is a global environmental non-profit working to create a world where people and nature can thrive.
- U.S. Dairy Export Council is a non-profit, independent membership organization that represents the global trade interests of U.S. dairy producers, proprietary processors and cooperatives, ingredient suppliers and export traders.