Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The session is part of the conference ‘Rethinking Protein: Accelerating law and policy in the global food system’.
A transition to a more sustainable food system will require action from all stakeholders in the food system – from smallholder farmers to retailers. It will also require global participation to transform food supply chains in all parts of the world. This session will bring together stakeholders from the development space, as well as investors and farmer groups, to discuss the importance of a just and equitable transition towards to a sustainable food system. It will ask how we can ensure producers are centred in the transition.
This session will be an input to the UN Food System Summit and held as an independent dialogue.
There will be a 30 min panel discussion (5 mins max. for each speaker) followed by 45 mins moderated Q&A from the audience.
See the full agenda and register here.
Moderator: Lasse Bruun, Chief Executive Officer, 50by40
- Philip Lymbery, Global Chief Executive, Compassion in World Farming
- Juliana Almeida Salles, Coordinator of the “Climate Mainstream” Climate Change Division, Inter-American Development Bank
- James Ritchie, Assistant General Secretary, International Union of Food Workers (IUF)
- Alexander Burr, ESG Lead, Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
- Ajay Vir Jakhar, UN Food Systems Vice Chair, Sustainable Consumption