Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
A diverse range of actors will explore the role of the global meat sector, collectively, in creating sustainable food systems. The five Action Tracks of the Food Systems Summit will guide the direction of discussion with the outcomes being how industry can deliver progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals and in identifying ‘Game Changing Solutions’.
Prior to in-depth conversation, participants will hear from leading experts on various challenges and opportunities set forward by the United Nations Food Systems Summit.
These addresses from the five experts will introduce the various discussion topics, created around the Food Systems Summit Action Tracks:
- Max Makuvise, Zimbabwe: Food security: What is the role of protein in feeding the growing world’s population?
- Diana Rodgers, USA: What is the role of meat in the diet and what are the implications of going without?
- Dr Frank Mitloehner, USA: How can we sustainably manage existing food production systems to the benefit of both nature and people?
- Dr John Gilliland, Ireland: What is the role of the global meat sector in future-proofing our food systems and protecting against shocks and stresses?
- Dr Frédéric Leroy, Belgium: How do we maintain a balanced debate and inclusive narrative?
If you are interested in attending or finding out more, please contact the convenors.