Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The globe is facing a dual health crisis: hunger and poor diet. Both are functions of an imbalanced system that creates scarcity to foster excess. The global adoption of a heavy diet of salt, sugar, and red meat creating with it mass ecosystem destruction and global health issues. Healing will only come from balance and by moving away from global extraction that poisons the water and land we depend upon. Due to the ubiquitous influence of the industrialized food system, there is also more need for education and awareness about ways to prepare foods healthfully.
- Najat Abdi – Country Director, Global One Kenya
- Rev. Darriel Harris -PhD. Candidate at John Hopkins University
- Dr. Ming Nan Lin – He is from the Dalin Tzu Chi General Hospital in Taiwan
- Mona Polacca – Indigenous Grandmother, Senior Fellow at Center for Earth Ethics
- Olav Kjørven – Senior Director of Strategy, EAT Forum
Moderator: Bibi la Luz Gonzalez – Founder of Eat Better Wa’ik, an organization devoted to fight malnutrition through education and economics