Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The Ceres2030 Deep Dives into the Nexus of Food Systems, Climate Change & Nutrition in Ethiopia project will identify food system transition pathways, and their associated cost, for how to improve nutrition outcomes through healthy diets using a more climate resilient production system with fewer greenhouse gas emissions in the country.
- What are the expected trends in terms of diets for Ethiopia?
- What is the definition of a healthy diet for the country, when considering cultural and economic specificities, and nutritional value of different food items?
- Based on micro-econometric evidence, how well do we understand consumer decisions regarding food, in particular in transitioning food systems?
- What are the policy instruments and the food system innovations required to achieve healthier diets?
- What are the costs and benefits, both in economic and environmental terms (GHG focus) of these diets, and their mitigation value?
- What is the most efficient set of actions to achieve this transformation?
- How do the different sets of actions translate in terms of weather or climate risk exposure to the future food systems?
The consultations are designed to encourage feedback on the project and develop joint ownership of the recommendations with national stakeholders and to maximize the use of the findings.
The results will contribute to the Summit’s goal of providing healthy diets for all, in a sustainable way and will be published to coincide with the dates of the Summit.