Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
• To explore the food systems as a whole in the country, identifying opportunities and challenges.
• To explore synergies between different elements of food systems and examining trade-offs that influence the choice of food systems pathways.
• To discuss linkages between the five objectives of the summit and potential for collaborative action on the five action tracks.
• To identify the practices and policies that will have the greatest impact on the achievement of the desired future vision within the local food systems.
Expected outputs – The Dialogues will generate a report for each thematic panel, and an overall report which focus on the followings:
– To identify opportunities and challenges, explore synergies between different elements of food systems and examine trade-offs that influence the choice of food systems pathways.
– To develop the pathway for Lao PDR to have sustainable food systems in the decade which will help inform the national process for longer term planning and action after the summit.
– The pathway will be accompanied by statements of intention and commitments from groups of actors who are involved in developing it.