Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
With the global food system responsible for an estimated 28% (and potentially up to 35%) of global greenhouse gas emissions, the food and beverage sector has a critical role to play in capping global temperature rise to 1.5˚C by 2030.
But what does this number mean for business? How does it break down across the value chain, from fork to farm? And where do major hotspots lie, in terms of not only emissions, but also water consumption, biodiversity loss, land-use change and consumers’ rising awareness?
During this insightful session, Quantis and RSF will dig into the landscape of sustainability priorities for the food and beverage industry, working backward from the plate to the field, thanks to a multi–sectoral and multi-stakeholder approach. We’ll explore the practices with the greatest potential impact at key stages of the food value chain and discuss how to create a food system that optimizes both human and environmental health. And to help businesses get to work, we’ll share how to shape effective sustainability strategies, set meaningful goals, track progress and communicate about efforts in a credible and engaging way.
This dialogue contributes to the UN Food System Summit Action Tracks:
1-Ensure access to safe and nutritious food for all
2- Shift to sustainable consumption patterns
3- Boost nature-positive production
Opening remarks – Rudi Bressa, Curator
Let’s Dig In our science-based framework – Simone Pedrazzini, Director, Quantis Italy
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER: CONSUMERS AND COMPANIES
- Waste Warriors fighting food waste – Philippe Schuler, Global Impact Director, Too Good To Go
- Consumers’ role in shifting to sustainable consumption models – Helena Leurent, Director-General, Consumers International
- Companies’ responsibility and governance – Nora Mardirossian, Project Lead, Food Sector and the Sustainable Development Goals, The Earth Institute/Columbia University
FROM TABLE TO LAND TOWARDS REGENERATIVE AGRICULTURE
- Sustainability for premium products: best practices along the supply chain – Ugo Peruch, Agricultural Director, Mutti SpA
- Brief history and status on the scientific benefits of regenerative organic agriculture – Annie Brown, Vice President of Development, Rodale Institute
FROM LAND TO HUMAN HEALTH
- The link between regenerative agriculture & human health: Virtuous Agriculture – Andrea Illy, Founder, Fondazione Ernesto Illy
Closing remarks – Andrea Illy, Co-chair, Regenerative Society Foundation
Registration link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6275488319651014928