Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
Regenerative agriculture offers a significant opportunity to transform food systems to life-enhancing systems, which restore and regenerate land, soil, waterways and biodiversity and improve farmed animal welfare.
This dialogue will explore how to scale regenerative agroecological production for better human, animal and planetary health. It will build on the aspiration of the UN Food Systems Summit (UNFSS) to move towards food systems that help us to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The dialogue aims to:
- Highlight the perspectives of those already engaged in regenerative agriculture approaches including regenerative farmers and global food businesses.
- Discuss the key constraints holding back the wide adoption of regenerative agricultural practices.
- Explore how to create increased global support for an integrated, holistic approach to policy reform across the food system value chain in support of regenerative agriculture.
- Discuss recommendations for accelerating the emergence of regenerative agriculture as a key pillar of a sustainable food system.
- Examine how to realise the potential for a new generation of young regenerative farmers to enter the industry, and thereby scale it
Speakers to include:
- Jeff Moyer, CEO, The Rodale Institute.
- Nicoletta Batini, Senior Economist, The International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- Cees Jan Hollander, Global Farming Expertise Manager, Danone.
- Will Harris, Farmer, White Oaks Pasture, and founding member of Regenerative Organic Certified/Alliance.
Please join the dialogue to contribute to the building of a more resilient, fairer, healthier, compassionate and sustainable food systems.
Please register at: