Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Language of Dialogue Event
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
In the 21st century, global food systems face dual challenges of increasing food demand while competing for resources — such as land, water, and energy — that affect food supply. In context of climate change and unpredictable shocks, such as a global pandemic, the need for resiliency in global food systems has become more pressing than ever (Mahak Agrawal, Columbia University).
The Good Food Institute stated that alternative protein industry raised $3.1 billion in investments in 2020—three times more than in any single year in the industry’s history. The same year that saw multiple social, environmental, and economic crises converge across the globe also saw record-breaking investments in alt proteins, which, not coincidentally, provide solutions to some of our most serious challenges—from climate change to global hunger.
This Independent Dialogue themed “Culinary Heritage for Future Food System of Indonesia” has the following objectives:
- Understand the concept of Future Food
- Recognizing the agricultural, food and culinary traditions of Indonesia
- Identifying Future Food Systems options for Indonesia that support Sustainable Consumption Patterns
AGENDA & SPEAKERS:
- Information on Food Systems Summit, Action Track 2 & Dialog Objective by Amanda Katili, Climate Reality Indonesia
- Understanding Future Food and its Role in Addressing the Climate Crisis by Claudia Laricchia, Future Food Institute
- Future Food in Indonesian Context by Repa Kustipia, Gastro Tourism Academy