Official Dialogue Feedback to the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit
Type of Dialogue
Please review the details below for registration information if available or contact the Convenor if you would like to attend.
The dialogue will centre around 10 visions which will be discussed by 8-10 persons in smaller groups. The visions are:
- The knowledge- and innovation system contributes to increased productivity, innovation and circularity in the food chain as well as to sustainable* production, transport and consumption of food.
- Consumers have high confidence for foods that are offered and can easily make well informed, sustainable and healthy choices at a reasonable price
- The rules and conditions contribute to a competitive and sustainable food chain.
- Food producers are reasonably paid and have good conditions, including working conditions, to produce sustainable and healthy food.
- Private and public financial- and support systems, as well as rules and regulations, encourage that food is produced sustainably and is healthy.
- Trade agreements contribute to sustainable production, transport and consumption.
- The food system is constructed so that socio-economic prerequisites do not hinder good dietary choices.
- The food system can handle challenges regarding food security and nutrition for the entire population, the profitability of producers as well as environment and climate change
- Collaboration and organisation of actors in the food system contributes to healthy food that is easily available and sustainable.
- The majority of food sold to consumers at stores, markets and restaurants is sustainable and healthy and food loss and waste is reduced or recycled through circular methods.
*Sustainable refers – at all times -to all three dimensions of sustainability