Great news! You have come to the right place.
Now that you have registered on the Summit Dialogues Gateway, you should have seen an invitation on your welcome page. Once you accept the invitation, your Dialogue Convenor will receive your acceptance as a Curator or Facilitator, together with your profile information.
On the Dialogue event page via Your Dialogues, you will find information from the Convenor such as materials, joining details (online events) or venue information (in-person events). Click here to understand what to expect from a typical Food Systems Summit Dialogue event.
Attend one of the Training sessions for Curators & Facilitators at your earliest convenience.
The following step-by-step is based on the standardized method for Food Systems Summit Dialogues, however, please note your Convenor may have adapted the method.
- Register on the Dialogues Gateway – Success, you are here!
- Stay connected with your Dialogue Convenor to understand what is expected from you and when (click here to learn about the role of Curator and click here to learn about the role of Facilitator).
- Register for the Curator and Facilitator Training sessions.
- Review any materials for Dialogue Curators and Facilitators that your Convenor may have prepared for you.
Between 4 weeks to 2 days beforehand.
- Having considered the Food Systems Summit Dialogue method, familiarize yourself with the practicalities of your role at the Dialogue.
- If your Dialogue Event is being held online, familiarise yourself with the online platform and ensure you have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Work closely with the Dialogue Convenor. This may include:
- preparing for the Dialogue event with the Convenor, presiding over and moderating the event (welcoming participants, introducing high- level guests and explaining the focus and expected outcome of the Dialogue);
- summarizing the outcomes from different Discussions Groups;
- assisting the Convenor to complete the Official Dialogue Feedback form;
- encouraging continued exchanges among the participants.
- Having considered the Food Systems Summit Dialogue method, familiarize yourself with the practicalities of your role at the Dialogue. This may include:
- Your allocated Discussion Topic
- The Facilitator Discussion Group Template, which you will be requested to complete immediately after the Dialogue
- Whether you would like to be assisted by a dedicated notetaker or rapporteur.
- If your Dialogue Event is online, familiarise yourself with the online platform and ensure you have access to a reliable internet connection.
- Check with the Dialogue Convenor if any dialogue specific briefings will be organised. This is good opportunity to ask any last minute questions related to the event.
Within 2 weeks after the Dialogue.
Curators can support the Convenor to prepare the Dialogue Feedback form for submission via the Summit Dialogues Gateway website. Once the Official Feedback has been submitted, it will be published online and publicly accessible.
- Stay connected with your participants and the Food Systems Summit by sharing the Official Feedback with them and indicate any next steps being decided.
- Celebrate your Food Systems Summit Dialogue. You are invited to communicate and celebrate the success of your Dialogue on social media and through other channels!
You will have completed a Dialogue and contributed to the 2021 United Nations Food Systems Summit – you are playing an important role in bringing together different stakeholder groups to explore, debate and shape pathways to sustainable food systems that will contribute to all the Sustainable Development Goals.
A recommended rule for open discussion
When a certain level of anonymity can be promised, people speaking are more likely to be open and honest. This is important for the richness of the discussion and the value of the Dialogue. Therefore, information disclosed during a Dialogue event may be reported by those present, but the source of that information many not be explicitly or implicitly identified.
This rule is sometimes referred to as the “Chatham House Rule”.
Your Convenor, Curator or Facilitator will let you know on the day if this rule is in place at your specific Dialogue.